View Single Post
      07-04-2012, 05:54 AM   #12
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

Kaysqaure
My take on your questions
1. Instrument cluster on the dash. UK specs reading for speed is mph on the outer ring, kmh on the inner ring. Is it possible/difficult to swap it the other way (ie kmh on the outer ring, mph on the inner ring)? Or to get 1 that is a pure kmh speedo?

I doubt it , you might be able to get the parts but sounds like a bit of a mightmare. This setup is presumably regulation for Uk cars. all cars to my knowledge for the Uk are configured this way, not just BMW. a European spec car may be different but the steering wheel will proabbly be on the other side!

2. The 520d Efficient Dynamics is a very interesting model, however, comes with certain limitations. Is it still possible to retrofit options that were previously not availble in the spec sheet as per the regular 520d SE?

Don't see why not, its just a anotehr verison of the 5 series .

3. The engine block again, on the 520d Efficient Dynamics is the same as the 520d SE. Will a chip upgrade from AC Schnitzer work as well?

Got ask why you are interested in the mdoel thats aimed at being economical and yet you want to chip it?
I'd suggest going for a normal 520d or a 525d if you want a bit more power.

4. Is it safe to go through a broker to find the cheapest deal, as compared to going directly to the dealer to purchase a car? On average, how much discount can one expect?

No experience but sure others here can offer comments on that
Appreciate 0