11-28-2013, 08:03 AM   #11
pillpusher84
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 550xi M-Sport Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel_Lover View Post
I did, I should have posted. You have to request the color when you order the car, and then it has to be approved by BMW.

BMW charges $5,000 for colors not listed on their website, for your specific vehicle, and rarely are they more than that.

You can get any color that is available that is currently in production for other vehicles, but still must be approved.

Old resurrected colors are possible, but colors in current production are much more likely to be approved.

I wish I had the cash to order a color I like. I hate the idea of buying a $60,000 plus car, and getting it in a color that is just tolerable.

Choosing a 5-series color is like voting for president in the USA. It is the difference between a turd and a douche.

BMW should add to the 5-series colors:

Non-Metallic Crimson Red, Interlagos Blue, and for BMW individual: Agean Blue Metallic and Tanzanite Blue, just to give the cars some color.
I agree ... the colors available leave much to be desired. In my case ... I get bored of cars quickly and want something new every 2-3 years, so I lease. I could not justify $5000 for a paint color @ 100% depreciation on a 36 month lease that I have no intention on keeping. ... plus the sticker without the custom color was already quickly approaching $90k

However I must have annoyed my CA several time by changing my color selection to Singapore Grey!
Appreciate 0