View Single Post
      12-13-2016, 10:37 AM   #64
mikekilpatrick
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW F10 550 Xdrive Msport

I am still interested at the 1600 price point if the HP increase is dyno proven with the roughly 30hp estimated. Would also like to know if the Dinan intake will still be able to be used in conjunction with this new intake as there is a RAM air aspect of the Dinan for higher speeds according to their engineering team. Also want to ensure CEL will not be a problem

I just received back my Rebuilt Alpina turbos from Pure Turbo and I have a set of M5 downpipes to install. Still need to check the DP lip to see if it needs modification on my 04/2013 build date 2013 550.

Then I need to see how to tune the BMS Stage 2 Beta to take all of this into account. Would LOVE to go with an ECU tune, but have yet to find someone with pre TU ability to get that done. Only Dinan sells the Stage 6 tune which takes into account for the Alpina turbos, which Dinan says are equivalent to the turbos they sold originally for their stage 6 design. Due to CA air pollution laws, Dinan has pulled their turbos off of the market and with less than a dozen ever sold for the car, I doubt they will bring them back due to engineering costs versus sales.

The larger diameter of the M5 DP's with the higher flow CAT converter should handle the increased outflow of the Alpina turbos from my research. The exhaust is stock 550 with Dinan exhaust cat back. Have seen people adapt M5 exhaust to 550 with some modifications, but have heard complaints of sound noise.

So the question will be, with an increased intake, larger turbos and M5 downpipes, will the exhaust even with Dinan mufflers cause a back pressure issue or not.

Anyways, I am still interested in this project for purchase keeping the above conditions in mind.
Appreciate 0