View Single Post
      05-05-2014, 09:46 AM   #15
RASHID007
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 535d X-Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVIMAX
I have the exact same experience with my 535xd. I cannot figure out the logic. Some days it kicks in after 2 mins of driving, the next day with the exact same weather it doesn't kick in at all. It can be working perfectly for 30 mins of driving, but then I'll stop, turn off the car, get back in and start driving again 5 mins later and it won't kick in anymore for the rest of the drive. In the winter it rarely works, but there were days that were -20C and out of the blue at a stop light the engine would turn off, so the minimum outside temperature seems to be very low. I find around 5C-10C is when it works most consistently. Any warmer or cooler and it is sporadic. In comparison, any petrol loaner I've had always worked very consistently and predictably, not at all like my car. I mentioned it to the dealer, they gave me the usual answer, it's supposed to work like that. They did code it to remember the last setting however.
Thanks for the feedback.

So are we to assume that diesel is different and won't turn off as often. I see a 98% turn off rate above.

Anyone else with diesel that can provide feedback on their ASS function?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0