Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 F97 X3M

Garage List
2020 BMW X3M  [0.00]
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdubbs View Post
I am surprised by your experience with the GT being loud... I've only had mine a week but the most striking thing about it has been how insulated I am from the outside world. Granted, I'm coming from a 6 convertible, so most anything will seem quiet by comparison. I test drove a 535i and 550i sedan as well as the GT of course, and if there was any difference in sound insulation I did not notice it at the time. But the GT does have a larger sunroof and more glass in general, so that could account for it I suppose.

As far as comfort is concerned, I definitely found the GT to be more appealing and luxurious than the sedan. You can of course configure the two with almost identical options, but there is something about the interior design of the GT that feels more refined than the sedan... it seems closer to the 7 interior. For rear seat passengers, the clear winner is the GT. Getting in and out of the GT is also easier, as the seat height is a few inches taller than the sedan.
+1
2018 X3 M40i BSM/Oyster/ZPP/ZPX/HK/S6CPA/718M(retired)
Appreciate 0