View Single Post
      12-31-2015, 10:45 AM   #15
Zer0Cool92
Captain
Rep
Drives: blue metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gclions
Yes, I got sputters and misses at low RPMs, and power gradually went away. I just remember thinking that Stage 2 wasn't that impressive, and within a day or two my fuel pump went out. I initially chased what I thought were bad coils because I had several repetitive misfires. After that didn't fix it I replaced the ignition wiring harness due to some slightly damaged wires. After that didn't fix it I gave up and assumed it was the DME. Only after towing it to the dealer did they diagnose it as my passenger side high pressure fuel pump. I was a little surprised, but looking back at the symptoms it made sense.

I did receive a letter, managed to throw it in the trash or hid it better than I should, either way the low pressure fuel pump is covered out to ten years. That's the one in the fuel tank, I believe it is accessed under the rear seat. The high pressure pumps aren't extended, but it sounds like certain build dates were either covered under the CCP or another non-recall recall.

My car is a 10/10 build date, really I just got lucky my SA hooked me up. I don't expect it next time. Judging by the way my car is idling, the driver's side pump is a few weeks from taking a crap.
Turns out the SA said the control unit for the fuel pump got some water leaked on it from the trunk and fried it. Does this sound like it's possible or are they just trying to dupe me?

Wonder if the fuel pump just failed and maybe they don't want to cover costs ?
Appreciate 0