View Single Post
      02-06-2014, 05:48 PM   #2
Igor_M5
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many, BMW.

Garage List
Now onto my 5th, and current car...

2011 BMW F10 550 xDrive M-Sport. My girls dad picked up this lease in 2011, it was the first M-Sport 550 in the Tri-State area, and was built for what I'm assuming was a warm climate region because it didn't come with a Cold Weather Package (haven't seen a single BMW without it in the Tri-State area).

Anyway, it was his lease for 2 1/2 years, and I got to drive it here and there. In teh mean time I did some basic things for him:
  • Gloss Black door handle trim
  • Matte black rear reflectors
  • Matte Black fender marker trim
  • Full coding
  • SAT Radio Install

At the end of December 2013, he came across a crack head deal on a 2013 F10 M5 Demo special. One issue is he still had 6 months on the 550i, we came to an aggreement and I took the car over for the remaining 6 months, as much as I dislike Automatics & BMW xDrive... and the fact that I'll have to cover the cost of existing damage, and over millage on the lease, I still went with it... because along with that aggreement, I get to drive the M5 here and there and we can switch up cars, SOLD.

Upon my acquisition, I slapped Bridgestone Blizzaks on all 4 corners, and you could guess what the following mod was.

H&R Sport Springs

With the current blizzards we're having this season, I feel unstoppable... literally. I TRIED to get myself stuck in many situations, and this thing just rips right out like Batmans Tumbler.

After the springs, I also got a few more minor parts.
  • 35% Tint
  • LCI Taillights
  • LCI Grilles
  • LCI iDrive Screen Trim
  • LCI Center Arm Rest Button Cover (Aluminum Finish)

Here is how it sat before:

DSC_8424 by ONEighty_NYC, on Flickr

DSC_8171 by ONEighty_NYC, on Flickr

Right after I installed the springs, I tested fitted my CSL 19's that I currently have on my E46. The specs are: 19x8.5 ET20 & 19x9.5 ET20, the rear had a 10mm spacer just to see what it would look like.

Keep in mind, the car was not fully settled and the tires are way to small for this car (225/35 & 265/30)

DSC_8176 by ONEighty_NYC, on Flickr

CSL-wheel-test1 by ONEighty_NYC, on Flickr

DSC_8178 by ONEighty_NYC, on Flickr

DSC_8181 by ONEighty_NYC, on Flickr

I loved the look, and I'd love to rock the CSL's, especially since I haven't seen anyone else on a F10 with them, they looked unique, but the tires were simply not cutting it, and I wasn't going to change them since they were literally brand new. The following day we had another blizzard, so the caterpillar tracks went back on...

Along with 10mm spacers in the rear.

This is how the car sits now, fully settled. I LOVE the ride, I will never get anything but H&R springs (Not a fan of coilovers, would rather get a quality air ride kit if I'm going that route).

DSC_8423 by ONEighty_NYC, on Flickr

DSC_8440 by ONEighty_NYC, on Flickr

Here's the before & after comparison.

comparison by ONEighty_NYC, on Flickr

All cleaned up.

DSC_8322 by ONEighty_NYC, on Flickr

The grilles...

DSC_8321 by ONEighty_NYC, on Flickr

And the interior, I know it's little subtle changes, but I love them. To me... the nav trim makes a huge difference, especially since I stare at it everyday.

DSC_8327 by ONEighty_NYC, on Flickr

The button cover also makes a noticable difference, at least for me. Goes well along with the other aluminum coated accents, besides, the old flat black plastic one was already all banged up and worn out.

DSC_8326 by ONEighty_NYC, on Flickr

The horse. As she was this morning... in the Antarctic like habitat that I've been driving through everday for the last week. It moves like the OTB Horse she is. :

IMG_7119 by ONEighty_NYC, on Flickr

Oh yea, a lot of work is still ahead....

Then it goes back on the lease in 6 months.

Last edited by Igor_M5; 02-06-2014 at 05:57 PM..
Appreciate 0