View Single Post
      11-06-2012, 05:14 AM   #81
GrumpyBimmerFan
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2CS 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwforme View Post
yes, they should've, or even had them on flatbeds where they would be several feet in the area, I'm assuming you heard this from someone familiar with the dealership as I can't see that dealership having a lot of AMG's, nonetheless an SLS.. anyway

as for the insurance company, do you understand how much money they rake in when there are no natural disasters.. which is crap.. almost all the time;

Katrina though, did test the wallets of these insurance companies, but I don't think Sandy will be as costly as the most expensive hurricane in U.S. History..
it's the only one in the area for rich russians and italians... plenty of AMG's rolling around that part of brooklyn. and yes, my brother can tell them apart.

As far as cars... i'm sorry, ppl knew about the storm and strenght of it for a long time. You have to be a complete idiot to put it in undergrond garage, or leave the car in low lying area. Most ppl that were smart, still have their babies nice and dry (minus some exceptions).

What mind end up happening is insurance will refurbish the cars, and warranty will be void. That is best case scenario... they may just say that you are not protected. What about all those ppl with liability only insurance?

It is very unfortunate... and it's sad how some ppl didn't take it seriously enough. If I was there during that time, I'd take the family and take a road trip far away in my baby.
Appreciate 0