ShopVac
Not willing to take advice
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 - 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by The1 View Post
I think you got the barn behind in the focus rather then the car unfortunatly, did you take several pics when you did this shoot? or just 1? Don't be afraid to take multiple shots.

If you have a tripod, definitely use it at night, it will make a huge difference. It will allow you to take your ISO lower and have long shutter speeds to get nice clean shots.

1600ISO is going to be noisier then 800ISO any day, so the lower you can get it, the better the pictures will look, however, when you start getting really low, your shutter speed and apertures have to compensate more, resulting in higher chance of camera shake.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TL View Post
Joey - like what the1 said, it appears the focus was on the wall rather than the car.

Try shooting in AF-S mode instead of AF-A. This will help with focus with what you want rather than letting the camera decide for you.
As for ISO if you have a tripod you can leave it at 100 - 200. if you're hand holding then i would push it a bit to 1000.

The D90 is a great camera and i use to shoot a lot of my night shots with it & D60 with the 18-55mm kit lens.
Appreciate the heads up...

I actually was using a tripod...and did take different pictures (actually bracketed them). However, if I'm out of focus on the one, the rest are going to be similar and sometimes it's difficult to see in the little window if it's good or not.

Since I'm holding the focus box in the center of the camera, but the focal point in the lower third, I think it's missing the spot on occasion. I'll adjust this down to see if it helps in the future...and look to lock down the ISO for a more clear picture next trip out.