View Single Post
      05-25-2011, 09:54 PM   #518
The1
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: white 135

to be honest, i cooled that picture as much as humanly possible in the programs i had. Lights at night just crank the heat.

I took the colour temperature and bottomed it out, and then i added a cool tone filter to cool it down even more. The only thing i could probably do to cool it some more would be to open a blue layer in photoshop to bring it down some.

So basically, to skip all that, i find even the pre-configured white balance modes on the cameras at night are still to warm. which is why i put it on the custom setting at 2500K at night, or i find something white and do a custom setting off of that. It tends to bring out the most natural colours. I tryed doing the same thing to your canal picture, but because there was enough light from the sun, the auto white balance was able to do a good job and my playing barely changed anything. (that picture is pretty much perfect in my opinion )

for removing the random palm leaf and the half light at the right side, i just threw it in PS and selected the items and did content aware. It did the rest.
Appreciate 0