View Single Post
      03-19-2016, 07:18 PM   #14
PJinCA
USAF Pararescue Veteran
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535

LOL, hell, when I started building my Honda Accord for SCCA racing people thought I was crazy. "Why replace a perfectly good engine?" they asked. "because I can" was my response. I got a great deal on an Japanese H22A from a Prelude SH (225 HP stock in JDM trim), then I was able to get JUN engineering to sponsor it and provide the cylinder liners, forged crank, pistons, connecting rods, and cam shafts. Then I added a massive intercooler and a Garrett T34, a custom 6 speed gear box (used the same LSD that came with the Japanese Prelude engine just had Quaiffe make it a little stronger). Was it crazy? Sure. Was it more than slightly foolish? Sure. Did I spend more than I could have if I had gotten a better platform/car from the beginning? Debateable, it didn't cost me as much as most would think. The most important question: was it fun? HELL YEAH IT WAS!!!! Nothing better than seeing the look on a Vette (or any other muscle car) owners face when they got dusted by a pretty stock looking Honda Accord
Appreciate 2