View Single Post
      09-21-2011, 01:32 PM   #10
Titanflux
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 335d M Sport auto

Garage List
This is an old thread, but my F10 was always perfect and fast with TMC - no Classic FM listening or stored in my car! I always have Radio 5 on (medium wave - no TMC signal there whatsoever).

However I'm now in a 2010 335d E90 with the same professional media pack (albeit s slightly smaller screen) and exactly the same iDrive interface. My TMC has been intermittently working, and often very very slow to load up or update during journeys since I got the car 3 weeks ago. Often it is shown on the Nav screen, but when I go into the traffic info it says there isn't any!

Did the OP get a resolution?

Here's what I posted elsewhere following my visit to the dealer today:

Well took it the dealer today under warranty. Was getting 'no traffic information available at this time' still more often than not.

They had the car for the day in case there was a software update due or a reload required. All they did was tell me that because TMC is transmitted by Classic FM, then it won't work properly unless that station is stored as a station in the radio function. Now I knew it was transmitted by Classic FM, but I thought a different receiver picked up the TMC signals?

You would have thought the manual would say that, or you would be told to always leave that station stored when the car is handed over to you from new??*

Will see how it goes over the next few days - I have a mammoth journey on Friday as a test. Will be VERY annoyed if that isn't the issue because I asked before booking it in if they could think of anything obvious - they said it was better to leave it with them for the day instead. One courtesy car admin fee, over 75 miles charge @ 30ppm later....*

What do you guys think?