View Single Post
      07-03-2013, 01:35 PM   #35
The X Men
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbuick View Post
I wouldn't own my F10 if it wasn't available in stick shift. The "character" of the car is what you make it. I personally feel that "sport" and "automatic transmission" are two words that contradict eachother, but that's just my opinion. I also have 12 years of racing experience in vehicles with one gear (karts), sequential gears (karts and open wheelers), and stick shifts (sedans and sports cars), so I'm familiar with how they all work in a truly "sporty" setting - which...by the way...the street is NOT. So on the street I'll go with what lets me enjoy the drive best, and thats a stick shift every time.
There are still a few of you guys out there that prefer stick, although there are less and less of you out there. In the old days, there was a lot of reason to buy a stick shift, it was cheaper, gets better gas mileage and it accelerate a bit quicker. I would add that its more fun to drive but not everyone find that to be true. Fast forward to today, almost all of the pass advantages of the manual transmission have disappear thanks to auto transmission technologies. Which leaves only the subjective advantage of being more fun to drive. I enjoy driving a stick as much as the next guy, maybe in a weekend car such as a Porsche 911 stick shift on a windy road, but not in a full size luxury sedan such as the F10 in rush hour traffic.
Appreciate 0