View Single Post
      12-02-2013, 04:14 PM   #1
dan the man
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 M4 CP

2014 550i xDrive shocks in transmitions while in sport mode

Just got few days ago my 2014 550i xDrive loaded with everything except night vision, luxury seat package and ACC.
As long I'm in comfort or comfort + and I'm in D or I shift the stick in sport mode everything is smooth and even the kick down will give me the "rocket lunch" feeling. As soon I set the Adaptive drive in Sport and Sport+ I start getting shocks every time the gear is changing up. If I don't push the car those shocks are almost imperceptible. As soon I press the throttle close to half way the shocks are more obvious and all the car is shaking. I have the feeling that front drive and rear one are not synchronized. I soon I go to kick down this shock is less perceptible.
It's that feeling when u drive a manual transmission and you have a problem with the clutch or you don't adapt the rpm to the correct gear.
One more thing...the adaptive drive set up in iDrive is set for sport chassis and transmission for both sport and sport + settings.
I've been today to BMW dealer and after a drive test made by SA and a mechanics check up the answer was the car is OK.
I'm looking to get a second opinion from another BMW Service.
I'm looking to find another 550i xDrive with the same packages and see if happen the same.
Appreciate 0