Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 535xi

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MP525i View Post
Hi Guys,

I have an issue with my paint. There are extreme water spots on my hood, roof, and trunk. I went 2 months without washing it due to being extremely busy at work. So, this past weekend, I finally got around to detailing the car. Started with a wash and clay.

I went into the compound (using Chemical Guys V34) on a random orbital 7424 with a red pad. Wasn't doing the trick at speed 6, so I moved up to the rotary buffer. Started working in the product at 1200rpms and bumped up to 3,000rpms. After doing multiple passes (I'd say around 20-30 passes), the scratches and water marks finally buffed out.
If your pad colours match what Hex Logic and others use, then the red pad is one of the softest you can get, and it would not work very well with any cutting polish or compound. In that case, you may not have gone deep enough with your buffing. I would go with a green pad (heavy polishing) , or even an orange (medium cutting) if more buffing is needed.
Appreciate 0