09-02-2010, 05:05 PM   #14
Jon D
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 2022 840d

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandPete View Post
The car I tried with 19" wheels had a Pirelli tyre.

As to M-sport or Adaptive Drive, I do hope to try both in due time, but my dealer (knowing me and what I want from a car) reckons I'll need the Adaptive Drive package to use on roads I drive. I prefer a firmer suspension, but a softer drive on some of the highland roads, including some interesting surfaces where an M-sport suspension may just be one step too far. I'm hoping the Adaptive Drive is the best of both worlds, 'sport' when the roads permit, but a switch to a softer 'normal' ride on average roads. I understand from my Dealer Principal, that for motorway hauls the 'comfort' setting gives a really luxury cruise, as the 7-series does.

HighlandPete
This is exactly what I'm hoping for.
I've thoroughly enjoyed the past 18 months with my E92 M Sport, but there are times when I would prefer a more compliant ride. The roads up here are fantastic and suit a firm suspension set-up, but I don't want to drive like a lunatic all the time, especially at my age!
Hopefully the adjustability of AD will give me the best of both worlds and considering the cost, I'll be disappointed if it doesn't. Either way, I'll soon find out - my 535d arrives within the next few weeks.
Appreciate 0