View Single Post
      06-22-2013, 10:26 AM   #27
giggity317
Lurker turned Poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 Estoril Blue II 328 Msport

I had several packages I just didn't include them in my signature. Is that a requirement to post or have creditability when giving an opinion on their vehicle experiences?

I purchased a 528i, having come from a E92 M3, for the fuel consumption. While that may have been a factor in my dislike of the F10's drive/feel, at the time of purchased the new F30 wasn't out yet and where I live the E90+ 3 series is everywhere and too small.

I rescheduled the heck out of the car before I got it. I wanted a 535 but the dealer said if the main reason why I was switching from a M3 to a 5 was for mpg, then I should check out the 528 with the new N20 motor. I did and was pleasantly surprised at the power for a vehicle of that size, and to be honest the price difference was a factor and I used that extra $$ to add options.

I only felt like I was driving my fathers car b/c I was 25 at the time and look really young. Not because the car isn't attractive or sporty. I love the design, its the best designed 4 door BMW as far as lines, proportions and stance on the road; in my opinion. I still turn my head to watch one drive away, they're beautiful.

They're just not AS fun to drive as the F30. Would a 550i be as much fun? Maybe, I dunno, i've never driven one. I would have just kept the M3 if I wanted a V8 and the same MPG, but my needs changed and I opted for a more practical vehicle for my daily commute and finally decided on the F30. Is the F30 better? I'm not saying that, just merely stating my opinion based on my experiences. So you can all retract the claws, I wasn't 'attacking' your F10's.

Current:
'13 328i MSport
Appreciate 0