10-03-2011, 02:59 AM   #370
528imsport
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC3 View Post
Some of you know what I do for living and I have to go to construction site. Now I don't go everyday but every now and then I have to. That's why in the beginning I hesitated to have the large rims and low profile tires.

Today I have to drive to one of the construction sites and bad thing happens. I was not familiar with the roads there and drove into the a site entrance by mistake which are for trucks. There is a concrete speed bump there and when I drove over I heard loud scraping noises. Tried to back up but scraped again so I have no choice but to drive forward. I got out of the car and the entrance security lady told me that I made the wrong entry. No way out I have to drive backward and scraped again. I almost got hung up in the middle of the speed bump where I have to press the gas pedal more to get through.

When I inspected the damages I found the 4 to 5 deep scratches to my bottom protective cover. One of them is even cracked and through the inside. Luckily nothing inside is damaged. My 2 side skirts are also scratched quite deep but at the under portions so won't be noticed unless I run my fingers under. For the 3D front lip, it was scratched a little at the lowest 2 parts since it is quite flexible and could be pushed up with little force. Again can not be seen unless I run my fingers under.

Talk about bad luck, mlai, I am not much better than you.

Lesson learned is the front lip won't scrap easily. Even the bottom and side skirts scraped badly, only minimal scratch to the lip.
sorry to hear this, that why I never lower the cars in HK, many places can not go with the family and my wife would kill me.
Appreciate 0