View Single Post
      06-30-2010, 02:04 PM   #443
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvergray545 View Post
Facebook is not meant to be a bad thing. There are more than enough privacy features to keep yourself safe. If you fail to use them or create drama that will come back to bite you in the ass, Facebook might not be right for you. As long as you're a good person and you've done nothing wrong, Facebook is harmless. People just abuse it. I use Facebook to keep in touch with friends. Many of my friends moved out of state, went away for college, etc... There is no harm in it. It's all determined by the user.

Not sure if that facebook posting was real but tell that girl there is no harm in facebook.

I understand the purpose of Facebook, I am on linkedin to keep in contact with people, plus I use email and a phone.

The thing I do not understand about social network tools is why anyone would want to share every aspect of their lives with the world, who cares what you did yesterday. Trust me I did my fair share of things growing up and even after growing up that I have no interesting in it being preserved forever except in my mind and minds' of friends who were there and good for me their memories suck.

A long with telling my kids the downside of these sites and showing them the problem it can cause people who were just doing stupid kid stuff. I told them if they are ever somewhere and people are doing things they probably should not be doing and someone pulls out a camera, you better leave and real fast. I also tell them never to write it down, unless it is positive.

I can not tell you how many people have lost or did not get a job because their activities were recorded on the internet. At least if no pictures exist or words written on the internet you have some degree of deniability.
Appreciate 0