View Single Post
      04-28-2013, 09:29 AM   #6
gxprice
Portugal
Rep
Drives: G31 520d Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGr View Post
I'm having the same issue on a new 535d (f10). First it showed exactly the same things and messages as yours, it said that it couldn't connect. Then i went to the dealer and they installed some kind of software that managed to make the browser page appear with the controls on the left.... but.... i can't get it to load any page. another thing, they said that the feature on the phone where you set it as an mobile internet access point as to be enabled.
I've got to the point where I can see a blank (white) screen with the controls on the left and can hit "refresh", "home" etc. but ultimately, it comes up with a message stating there is no data connection or some such. Bummer ...

For the phone feature, I've enabled bluetooth tethering (i.e. allow the phone to share it's data connection with other devices) but also no joy.

As gadhi79 says, it probably just won't ever work with the Galaxy phones (especially after he's now tried the S4)

Noticed you're in Portugal, I'll be driving down there in July in the new car - it'll be great fun (albeit 18 hours at the wheel with one stop over) I'd really like to have my DVDinMotion and InternetinMotion coded by then (especially the latter if I can find a phone to work!).

Gary.

PS Interestingly - it'll work to the extent that the BMW Live service will show me the weather ... apparently, I can do news feeds (RSS) also but haven't tried this yet.
Appreciate 0