View Single Post
      03-17-2023, 08:51 PM   #14
Unspec
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 535xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by slobo7x View Post
I am working on this as we speak, waiting for some harness pigtails to come in to connect additional wires to icm and dme, &dme2.

The problem is not the cluster itself as the wiring to it is the same across the board, it’s the gear shifter and dynamic control board that has to be rewired. I’ve done a lot of research on this and looked at wiring more then I’d like to admit, M5 Cluster is not enough for a fully functioning retrofit. This is where most make a mistake trying to get the cluster to work with some random coding in E-Sue to hide gear shift errors, etc.
will make a post or reply here once I’m done as most people who have tried have either failed or do not respond.

There is a YouTube video of a guy from overseas retrofitting gear shifter and controls but he’s using 6WB cluster not M5 one so no issues there. I don’t see the point of this really without the cluster, but to each their own.
Yep, needs a bunch of wiring work as you mentioned. If you can get the gear information correctly to the cluster, it'll work. That is what I meant, apologies if I was unclear.
Appreciate 0