01-18-2020, 12:29 PM   #4
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdmulders View Post
Fair enough, but when you did see it, what did you think? What made you choose that car over the others you might have been looking at?

I had owned an E39 (528i) at the time, and the E60 never really turned my crank, so to speak. When I saw the F10, I immediately thought that that is exactly what a 5 series should look like. The lines, the luxury, and the features were exactly what I wanted. I must say that two years later when I test drove one for the first time, I wasn't as awed as with the styling (I still had that E39), but that test drive did convince me to order my F10 with the dynamic suspension and active role stabilization, and this turned out to be a really good thing for me.
when i was in the market all i knew about BMW's was there was so many models. so i pretty much narrowed it down to a full size sedan which at that time came up as the F10. as far as how many different F10 models i had no clue other than i wanted to make sure it had a turbo! the 2nd thing was it had to be black. and the 3rd thing after searching the forum was i was in love with the cinnamon interior. when i found the car the last thing that sold me was the OEM liquid black 356's the car i found came with! not knowing the spec of the engine, if it was Xdrive or RWD? the crazy part is i bought the car online without actually looking at it in person. so i took a chance. all the paperwork over the phone worked out and i was off to the dealer to pick it up! i had no plans whatsoever to modify this car but after joining this forum it opened my eyes to the many things you can do from exterior, performance and so on.

5 years later she now looks like this!
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 2