View Single Post
      03-03-2013, 07:38 PM   #5
imortalo8
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 535I M-Sport

Hey bud. Yea i know how to do it since i did my carbon fiber spoiler install myself. However, its pretty damn tricky. So, these is what you are supposed to do.

First, get an alcohol swab and clean the truck area where the spoiler is going to sit on. The alcohol removes on the dirty and wax that was on the trunk that lets the spoiler adhere more firmly on the trunk.

Second, place the spoiler on the trunk and get an visual of a perfect fit. Once you do that, get painters tape to put on the sides of the trunk so you know how to and where to place the spoiler when you lay it down. VERY difficult to just eyeball it and set it.

Third, when you place the spoiler, the adhering 3M tape is VERY strong, so once you mess up, the install is over. SO, dont place the spoiler FLAT on top as you lay it down, but rather roll in from the turn of the trunk and to the top so you can have a solid fit. (kind of like a puzzle piece).

Forth, after install is done and hopefully its a beautiful install, press down firm by sliding a micro fiber towel as you go back and forth pressing and sliding the spoiler to really adhere to the trunk.

Fifth, SHOW THAT THING OFF!!
Appreciate 0