View Single Post
      09-19-2017, 11:01 PM   #16
smove
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW X5 3.0

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW528er View Post
Sucks this has to be my first post but with this car I had mixed feelings about it so i never posted because I don't know if I hate this car or just miss my last one. I wanted to post this just because a total nightmare was avoided by a few months and people thinking about financing these cars or even driving them without warranty it's totally insane to me at the point and my story from what I have found out is not that rare. It's like a time bomb or "grenade".

Like there was no signs of any issue just one day drivetrain malfuction and high engine oil pressure car went into limp mode next day it started was able to drive but only limp mode since it was thanksgiving let it sit for a day next day would start and died had to get it towed in and $25,000 later in parts changed the car is like brand new again i guess only good thing is car is no longer jerky in sport mode shifts smoother but still far from all the other models I have driven 2-4 and 6 but these were all 2015 models and up I feel like they just drive better. Anyway pretty much timing chain guide broke and the rest went metal everywhere.

Now what I still can't wrap my head around is that I bought this car because I was afraid of buying bmw in general but mainly higher engine models, more packages to break, I pretty much wanted to test it out if reading all these threads had warped my mind into thinking all these cars do is breakdown. But for a car that cost me 22k and I don't really drive it I work from home just around the block a few miles here and there and this to happen and I've only had it a few months. To top it off it was all replaced with the same parts that could easily fail again and bmw will not give any extra warranty unless this had happened to me out of warranty and I paid.

Because I mod cars I never thought of leasing and when I would meet guys that lease and mods I never understood it but now I do. To me your asking for trouble owning these cars you can't beat bmw these cars breaking makes them more money and there never going to run out of customers.

Anyway to wrap this up I totally want out of this car but because I already did about 12k worth of mods (cost me 7500) and now with everything that was replaced I'm sure it hurt the resale value. Now why would I do all this to a brand I'm afraid of and car I never really wanted. The first car I learned to drive on was a bmw the first car I fell in love with was a bmw my family has owned many and it was just on my bucket list I guess. The other issue I have is I have to mod every car just don't like stock so thats why i never leased I change to much to change it back and I'm cheap I guess I like bargins.

Bought this car in Mar 16 of this year really wanted 4 series when they came but higher price and I thought the n20 engine would suck the same as in f10 never even drove one till after I got this, i don't know why for some reason they drive better. So a 640 gc to me was the car to get as it has all the options i want and four doors but couldn't find one in the price and specs i want with warranty or I didn't want to spend the money i guess since new gen is around the corner.

All i did to this car was add msport kit paint it 1100, coilovers 750, 20 in vossen wheels and run flat tires 1200, wrap window trim and roof 600, remus quad exhaust axel back 1000 which does nothing but looks hate single exhaust, front lip and new rear diffuser spoiler 500, bavsound speakers and subs 1000, 12in sub and 3 alpine amps lc8i 650, Install for sound 750, and some other minor stuff I bought all of it used refurb cheap deals etc but the car sounds amazing and looks great I would post pics but I'm gonna sell it at some point and I don't want to car and this thread to link up but there is a vossen youtube video of a f10 that I pretty much copied.

Maybe I should of just bought the car i wanted and had better luck I don't know but now I really want to put a deposit on a m2 but I'm so afraid for do this all over again and back fire.
Was your transmission damaged? mine was
Appreciate 0