08-25-2011, 02:36 PM   #15
AlexK
Private First Class
Uzbekistan
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5d, 2013 C63

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=- View Post
I've read that comparison, and it was somewhat flawed in different ways, not what I would expect from InsideLine, but then again, it was written by a woman ...

-they mention (in the article itself) that new A6's EPS is "still overly light", yet in the summary they write that it's still "rewarding to drive"...
-they compare AWD verison of A6 with a RWD version of 5-series
-they compare cars with different tires by different manufacturers. I know that's how the cars are being manufactured and shipped, but that doesn't mean that I must use those tires throughout the lifetime of the car.
-they mention the built-in WiFi hotspot in new A6 as something that is advantageous, yet they don't mention that it is (as far as I know) based on T-Mobile's 3G technology, which will likely get dropped (since T-Mobile uses different frequencies) as soon as AT&T will finalize the purchase of T-Mobile... Not to mention that 3G is "yesterday's news" already, all mobile carriers are currently actively expanding 4G networks, plus you can already create WiFi hotspots (or at the very least connect them to your laptop and use as wired modem) with certain models of smartphones on just about any major mobile carrier's network.
-there's no mention of visual aesthetic features, such as horrible "christmas light strips" that Audi uses as headlights nowadays, or the disproportional automatic transmission shifter in A6 with its left side clearly "sawed off" by a circular saw or something like this... But once again, this article was written by a woman, and these creatures don't care about such silly things, all they usually care about is to have as much glowy and shiny things on their bodies and other personal possessions as possible

Last edited by AlexK; 08-25-2011 at 02:55 PM..
Appreciate 0