View Single Post
      03-19-2013, 08:19 PM   #108
K-A
Nice
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan S SportDesign

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJGreer View Post
I'm not saying I disagree, as I've been driving an E60 since 2007...but it's really interesting to see people nostalgic for Chris Bangle's designs, when the entire BMW community was hanging him in effigy not long ago.
Actually Bangle was head of design while the F01 and F10 were being designed as well, so he also was in charge of the "anti-Bangle/back to classics" look as well. Something about Bangle that people don't give him credit for is a far more dynamic vision and ability than the "Bangle designs" which obviously put his name on the map. I'm not a fan of the E65/E60 era but he's a very talented design frontrunner when one looks at his entire portfolio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by detach8 View Post
Well I do agree. New S class taillights look like crap, but I like the headlights.

Now at least BMW makes nice behinds. People are looking at your car from behind most of the time on the roads, so IMHO BMWs aren't such an eyesore as Mercs. The F10 has one of the nicest taillight designs out there. I found the current generation E class taillights fugly, resembling that of a whole bunch of badly put together gemstones. The C class is so much better.
I agree. The taillights of the E are the worst part of that design and somehow they shockingly managed to make the facelifts even more bland and "Taxi Cab like". I always had to do some kind of rear modifications to my E's to try and disguise how basic and blah the rear was. The rear of the F10 I agree is one of the nicest of any cars out there on the road.
Appreciate 0