kobechrome
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 335xi

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enroutte
I actually really want to be a waitress. Everyoen says the tips are good adn I'd make more than I do at Walgreens.

I only make 8.40$/hr at walgreens and I get stupid customers. I hate customers who come in and use EVERY COUPON, and they make ME CUT IT OUT because they hadn't. Not only that, but they like to argue about each item that's supposedly on sale, when it isn't. I also hate customers who ask for a price check on everyyyything. Look at the stupid sign when you pick up the product. Everytime I ring something up as a price check, i get docked off points in the machine. i hate work

yea yea i know, "then quit" "
Unfortunately in service-oriented work, "the customer is always right". It's tought to have the patience for that esp when the customer is mostly WRONG .

You'll do way better than 8.40/hr at a decent restaurant and it'll be tax-free also

As far the the original thread goes, I found the OP amusing but if you choose that line of work, it comes with the territory. People are in essence paying for "service" when they eat out. That does NOT give them any right to disrespect someone, but servers don't need to be handled with anymore care than any other service provider, IMO.

I just kinda got used to it when I was waiting tables... you'll find ALL kinds of people...