07-25-2011, 08:36 PM   #48
TunedIn
BMW Car and Bike Fan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 535i, '08 750i, '12 K1300S

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman75 View Post
I know. I'm going to have another gray colorless car. I wonder what moron thought Imperial Blue was the logical shade for the M-Sport package.
You and I understand the beauty of a REAL blue car, as opposed to dark black-blue (aka Imperial Blue), but we're definitely in the minority. BMW sells 10 Imperial Blue cars for every 1 Deep Sea Blue. When I was looking for a pre-owned 2008 750i, I didn't want Monaco Blue, which is very similar to Imperial Blue and is way too dark for my tastes, so I was looking for a Michigan Blue car, a light blue very similar to the Steel Blue that was on my 2001 740i. Car after car on Autotrader.com and BMWUSA was Imperial blue; Michigan Blues were few and far between. Eventually I found a car that was perfect in every way - with the Sport Package, short-wheelbase, low miles, all the luxury options, light colored interior (Oyster, although I would have preferred beige), great price - but the exterior was Monaco Blue. My wife said she didn't have any problem with the color, so I ended up buying it for her (to replace her 2001 Jag S-Type in Mistral Blue, a beautiful color for that car). As you know, I'm now looking at the 535i, M-Sport, in a great blue. Still looking.
Appreciate 0