View Single Post
      02-11-2013, 09:52 PM   #42
TOP_AGENT
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW Z4 35is

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinckley View Post
I think that you're right on target. But the problem is that VW has set itself a goal of largest car company in the world (and largest luxury car company as well) by 2020. So when you're cross-shopping an S6 with a 550 (its true competitor) and an Audi dealer talks about limited production, limited inventory and limited discounts, I just walk over to another dealer like BMW that starts with "yes" rather than "no".

An Audi dealer once told me that I couldn't get the car that I wanted because it was in too much demand and they had limited supply. My response was, "why are you treating a problem as a benefit, and why are you making your problem my problem?". Then I bought another BMW.

Audi is making a very good product. But I think their business model is broken.

VWs goal to be largest production appear to be counter intuitive based on their production/pricing strategy. I do suspect that their growth strategy though will be focused in China to achieve number 1 status. I like your approach why are you making your problem my problem, lol. Which is what I did as well. I bought a 550...