View Single Post
      10-06-2010, 06:37 AM   #1
c7ped
Rep
Drives: BMW 530d GT

Unhappy 530d GT Very hard suspension

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum so looking forward to getting involved...

I took delivery of my 5GT back in March this year. I was given a demo car for a few days to help me make up my mind to order one as I had been considering another X5.

I absolutely love mostly everything about the car except that I feel the suspension is very, very course. It feels way too hard for a supposedly luxury car especially on urban roads almost to the point that I feel embarrassed when I have passengers

1st impressions when people jump in are always nothing short of WOW but as soon as you head off on a journey you start to feel the rough ride.

i have had it in to BMW twice now and they say they can't fault the car with 1 engineer telling me that the 5GT does have pretty hard suspension!!

I don't have the dynamic drive fitted so it is just the normal spec (normal / sport/ sport +)

I didn't notice the hard ride with the demo car which was the same specification as I ordered so I am thinking that I have an issue which BMW are refusing to admit??!!

I feel that switching the car into Sport mode actually improves things slightly but it still does not give that Luxury ride I would expect

Has anyone else had this problem and if so what can i do to improve things?

Many thanks in advance

Peter
Appreciate 0