stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by top6491 View Post
Anyone successful in removing or lessening scratches in the top coat on the new center console? I have a few that drive me nuts, especially the car is only 2 weeks old. Thanks...
It's very difficult to remove scratches. This is why I am glad that in the M5 they use matte black leather on the center console instead of wood trim.

Anyway, the key here is to do the following:
1) Polish with Cobra Microfiber Gloves and Swissvax cleaner fluid strong (or any other scratch remover like Meguiar's Plastx). This will polish out the scratches but dull the gloss a bit.
2) Polish again with the Microfiber gloves and Swissvax Cleaner Fluid mild (adds gloss back again, and also fills the lighter scratches if there are some left).
3) Finish with Swissvax wood wax which provides some protection and even more gloss for a like new finish.

Then to keep it mint, don't let anyone else clean the trim, just do it yourself. I use a fluffy microfiber cloth and Optimum Instant Detailer Spray which is designed to prevent the dust scratching the wood while you clean it.
Appreciate 0