United_States
Rep
Drives: Made in Bavaria

Garage List
2021 BMW X3e  [0.00]
2016 BMW M4  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1HOT BMR View Post
This IMO is what makes the perfect ride/handling combo for the 5: Make sure you order Adaptive Drive (DDC+ARS) and replace the OEM runflats with a non-runflat tire like the Conti Extreme Contact DWS or the Michelin Pilot SS. You will have a very nice and cushy ride or a firm but not harsh sporty ride at the touch of a button - two cars in one! BTW, if you add IAS (Integral Active Steering) to your order the car will feel much smaller with a tighter turning radius.
That's what I did. Replaced my stock shocks with H&R Sport Springs and then swapped out OEM Pirelli Run Flats with Michelin Pilot Sport AS (needs em for the winter weather up here in the Pacific NW) and add to that the M Sport package and Sport Transmission and the DDC+ARS in my car and it rides very nice and is adaptable. By habit and driving style I normally put it in Sport mode for the chassis and the leave it in Sport Transmission mode about 5 secs after pushing the start button and leave it there. Add the Dinan Stage 1 tune and an Eisenmann Race Exhaust and I am loving this car daily more and more!
'10 BMW X5M (Black/Black) - gone not forgotten
'08 BMW M3 (Space Gray/Black) - gone not forgotten
Appreciate 0