View Single Post
      03-09-2012, 09:46 AM   #12
Sharbotcom
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 535xi M Sport

I've installed it and all went well. It simply ran in the background and continued where it left off when I started the car again.

Going from 2010 to 2012 maps does show improvement on the data but I can't comment yet on behavior (I doubt anything will be noticed there). From a data perspective I really noticed a difference this morning coming into the centre of the city. In the 2010 version there were only a few high-profile buildings depected in 3D. Now the whole bloody downtown is present in wonderful 3D. Prior to this it showed me turning into an empty lot when I entered the underground parking of the complex I work in. Now it actually shows the building (and all others around it) and the parking enterance as you turn ito it.

I'm going home tonight (I actualy live far from the city and have a townhouse I sleep in when I'm working) and am very interested in seeing if the new maps have the 10 mile multi-lane extension to the highway that opened fully last year (was not in the previous version).

Still not sure if it was worth the $111 upgrade cost.