View Single Post
      09-18-2012, 09:57 PM   #21
ksqrd
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominionXX View Post
Well folks, I called the shipping company today (K-Line), the Euphrates Highway is stalled off the coast due to the bad weather. She will not be docking today (Sept. 18th). Maybe tomorrow :-(.. I hope that our cars can handle the rough seas :-)... I can't stand this wait.... I will definitely not be doing a custom delivery next time... not worth the agony ... hahahah ... ahhh who am I kidding.. I am sure it is worth the wait.

FYI .. waiting on a 2013 AW E92 M3, with all the bells and whistles.
Bummer. Just checked JAX radar and looks pretty clear off Brunswick, so not sure why the weather delay--after all, Brunswick isn't that busy a port, and seems well sheltered. Was hoping to pick up the car on the 25th before travel the next couple of days but might now have to hope for the 28th.

@Ditrasetman: I'm also now considering avoiding the wash, and am considering having OptiClear applied by a detailer, who also strongly suggested not letting them touch the paint or wash the car on arrival. My understanding is that the ceramic tints are more expensive but are great at heat reduction. They are often less dark, which is what I'm after but clearly not the look you're seeking. I would appreciate hearing how much they are quoting for standard tint.

Retired: 1976 2002, 2001 E39 530i
Appreciate 0