05-04-2017, 12:08 PM   #9
STR8-6IX
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: RWD 528i N52

Quote:
Originally Posted by n3985 View Post
Compared to E-chassis cars I had I tolerate wife's F10 just barely.

Steering is numb, brakes lack feel, and too much roll in corners. Drove the new G30 540i at BMW Ultimate Driver and it still drives closer to what I expect an Audi A6 or MB E class to drive like. Will probably replace her car with a Macan in a couple years because even she complains too much roll on highway sweepers.

But "progress" and mass market appeal is needed to make profit, BMW sales numbers are a testament. More people care about a comfortable cruiser than heavy work-out-your-arms tight steering E39 had or the I'll steer with throttle chassis playfulness of the E3x generation.
strange, my f10 has pretty heavy steering. it feels like e90 but without the precise road feel mid corner. however, in all honestly I've never really had an issue with the steering. it firms up nicely mid corner and gives you enough feedback to countersteer quickly and safely. the brakes are extremely touchy, strong, fairly easy to modulate and to me at least have a TON of road feel when you are hard on the brakes.

but yes.. the suspension is too soft on this car and is what really holds this car back. I will get bilstein sport struts and eibach springs for this car one day and I will be happy
Appreciate 0