BimmerSF
Russian Federation
Rep
Drives: BMWs ONLY

Garage List
2008 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadnashuanh
I would not count on the tuning to be exactly the same...the engine may be the same, but there could be other issues. Best to talk directly to the vendor. The vehicles weigh different amounts, the transmissions likely have different ratios, they'll have different intake and exhaust characteristics when installed in different platforms. Keep in mind, the GT is actually built on a 7-series (normal) wheelbase platform, not the 5-series sedan's, so there has to be changes.

August can be beautiful in Europe, but everything will be crowded. If you decide to go, make reservations early. Check out BMW's agreement with Luftansa on airfare...it an be cheaper, but the 'free' ticket is still subject to a hefty fuel surcharge, and that defeats my opinion of free (it is refundable and changeable, which may make it worthwhile, and depending on where you live, you might get a non-stop).
Hey great thank you!!!

So basically a 535GTxi is a 740i platform/engine right? Well somewhat?

Tickets to Europe not a problem as I have a lot of miles so basically just based on availability

But I'd like to find some software and or wheels by time I come back so the car doesn't look generic

Also maybe wrong forum but in any case, I could buy tickets way before and plan everything ahead before ordering the car right? I mean ill still have more than 3 months lead for ordering I'd just like to buy the tickets mid/end of feb and order the car as soon as there is a prod date for my14 car... Does that work?
Thank u on advance!
'17 i3 ///'15 F02 B7///'14 i3 ///'15 F85 x5M///'15 F15 x5 50///'03 E39 540i///'08 E70 X5 4.8///'06 E60 550i
Appreciate 0