View Single Post
      06-12-2013, 01:56 PM   #70
FnoFFen
Rep
Drives: 525d 2011 saloon, space grey

I have just converted from a E60 525i to a F10 525d (6 cylinder version, 204 hp). Both automatic transmission. I have never had a diesel engine before and maybe I need to get used to the engine some more. However, this is my first impression.

What I miss most from the petrol car is the strong push from standstill. I really miss that! Why no one has mentioned this? From standstill the diesel feels as a "normal", boring car (not 204 hp). For me this first, nice push with some deep pedal gave me the first comfortable feel of a great engine. Hope I can get used of not having this anymore.....

When you drive away and pedal it, however - then you very comfortable feel the nice tourqe, which I like. A more smooth, less "brutale" and long lasting acceleration than the petrol had and without the delay from kickdown

The sound of diesel is no issue - exept from outside at idle when the engine is cold - except from that no issue with the six cylinder.. Fuel consumtion of course a different story - the 2004 pertrol consumed petrol like an alcoholic....
Appreciate 0