Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2011 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RambleJ View Post
I finally got around to installing my BMS stage 1 tune. Prior tothe install I used the USB cable and bumped the boost from +3.5 to +4.5.

Install:
Getting to 3 of the 4 plugs was rather simple, but that 2nd plug is a pain in the ass, I suggest removing the airbox and you will save a tremendous amount of time, stress and skin from the top of your hand. Aside from that the install went smoothly. Fired the car up, no codes or issues what so ever.

Diving impression:
I was only able to make a couple hard pulls but there is a very noticable difference in power. I am going to give the tune a couple days to adapt and report back. But so far this tune is definitely worth the $380
Since I have the USB cable, I plan on doing some logs later down the road to see how the car is reacting to the tune.
*I always drive in either sport or sport+
Hello RambleJ,

I just received my USB and been reading up on it, have you run any logs yet? Currently I'm running stage 1 stock settings, so running boost 4.5 is running well for you? Do you have a manual 6 speed or auto? Did you change any other settings? thanks....
Appreciate 0