07-03-2012, 09:37 AM   #14
arnsbrae
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 520d

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctom View Post
I think that Vatslav has 6NR option enabled, but the problem is that this "free" internet works only in UK, Germany and I think Austria.
He said the he bought the car in Germany, so Internet in his car would work in Germany, but it's not working in Denmark.

I know this because I have the same problem. I bought the car in Germany and Internet worked while I drove through Germany and Austria but it's not working in my home country, Croatia.

It gives me the same message "not supported in this county".

One would think that it would be possible to connect to Internet via Bluetooth and mobile phone, but if you have 6NR enabled it is no longer possible

Or, perhaps, somebody knows a way to code this into the car?
Ah, that's interesting. BMW will have agreements in each country with different carriers - I hadn't thought of that.

If you had bought the car in Croatia, would the internet function have worked? Or is it only offered in UK, Germany & Austria?

I think Audi does offer the facility to use the driver's mobile phone internet connection (along with suitable disclaimers about checking with your carrier about cost etc). You would think it would be but a simple software change to make it so in our 609 navigation systems...

BTW, my daughter has just come back after two weeks in Croatia - she says it is an amazingly beautiful country with cool people. I think I may be across next year!