View Single Post
      07-03-2012, 10:38 AM   #15
doctom
Croatia
Rep
Drives: 528i

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnsbrae View Post
Ah, that's interesting. BMW will have agreements in each country with different carriers - I hadn't thought of that.

If you had bought the car in Croatia, would the internet function have worked? Or is it only offered in UK, Germany & Austria?

I think Audi does offer the facility to use the driver's mobile phone internet connection (along with suitable disclaimers about checking with your carrier about cost etc). You would think it would be but a simple software change to make it so in our 609 navigation systems...

BTW, my daughter has just come back after two weeks in Croatia - she says it is an amazingly beautiful country with cool people. I think I may be across next year!
No, it's not an option in BMW Croatia and I think that the above 3 countries are the only ones in which BMW provides this service.

It would have been nice if you could select connection to internet through BMW Connected Drive or through your own phone and not that 6NR disables phone connection permanently.

I'm glad you daughter liked it here, you should visit too (I'm visiting UK at least once a year, so it would be only fair )
Appreciate 0