02-02-2015, 10:05 AM   #6
Bbb34
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 535i 6sp. DHP/RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das Johnson View Post
Seriously, I search them up on major car buying websites and theres only like 300 compared to the 10,000 or more automatics!

I would explain it as the middle aged men that buy F10s want the luxury feature of an automatic, but you all very well know that there are quite a lot of young F10 owners (20-40?) too, I'd expect them to get a manual just because they're fun (Especially with a V8 ). I dont think manuals are THAT obsolete yet right?
Yes, yes they are, for me personally that's unfortunate, but try to find car in this category that has manual transmission, they are super rare, especially in last 2-3 years.

This has been argued in this and other forums before, and while I get the benefits of great new automatic transmissions, I too am saddened by the lack of interest and availability of manuals. I'd argue that even knowing how to drive one makes you a better and safer driver, but that's an argument for another thread.

As for BMW, Audi or Benz, they simply did the math after they realized that people who buy this type of car do not care for manual transmission and simply stopped offering them, sucks, but, hard to argue facts.
Appreciate 0