05-25-2010, 12:19 PM   #8
BimmerGuyFL
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 BMW 535i M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBrown1003 View Post
Do you know if the car you drove had the Sport Package?

I'm hoping that the combination of the adjustable settings + Sport will make for a well-controlled and entertaining sedan. If the ride on the firmest setting (with Sport Pkg) is a little too stiff for some, that's probably just FINE for me (and many of us here).
The 550i I test drove on Saturday did have the Sports Package and Dynamic Handling package as well. I switched on the drive between Normal, to Comfort, then Sport, and Sport +. I honestly didn't feel too much of a difference in the shocks as far as being a lot softer or a lot firmer. When in Sport or Sport + all it seems to do is make the steering a bit sharper with no extra heft built into it and make the transmission more responsive as well as the throttle. The hard edge ride quality that was present in the E60 models is completely gone. Now the 5-series is more of a refined high-speed cruiser than it ever was before.

The 535i I test drove did NOT have the sports package. I felt this setup and engine was more suited for those that are accustomed to driving a 5-series as it felt more natural and agile being about 300 pounds lighter than the 550i.
2013 F10 BMW 535i Alpine White / Oyster Dakota Leather / Anthracite Wood Trim / Steptronic transmission / M Sport Package / Premium Package / Technology Package / Rear-view camera / Park Distance Control
Appreciate 0