View Single Post
      09-04-2014, 11:24 AM   #74
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillInDenver View Post
Yeah, but Cadillac, Lexus, and Audi are all making cars that provide superior driving dynamics at the same size and comparable weight. Even BMW's own 6 series. The Panamera is even bigger and heavier.

You're right; BMW changed the recipe for the 5 with the F10. It's been undeniably successful for them so far be it from me to judge. I just feel like my last one was a lot more fun!
The Cadillac is overall edgier and not as comfortable as the 550. I can't stand the new Lexus and Acura's new front ends. I swear a rapper built them. If I was to buy the Lexus, the new Toyota Avalon would have my money instead. I also feel the Jap's interior is not as well thought out especially the Acura. The Audi is nice overall and probably the best vehicle but their front LEDs are annoyingly too bright. Audi's interior is top notch but not to my liking. I just don't like the pop-up looking nav screen, the ugly shift stick, and crazy amounts of buttons/knobs around the shift stick. The Audi was a close contender but ultimately it feels like a well made tuxedo and I am just not a tuxedo type of guy.

If you like your previous 5, you should drive the 435i Gran Coupe. It's the best looking 4 door coupe BMW sells. It drives much more like the old 5s and has similar dimensions. It's also more useful than any 5 series besides the GT. But then again, the 5GT is a heavy, gas guzzling, ugly vehicle. I hate it with a passion.

The only reason I picked the 550xi over the 435 Gran Coupe is because I wanted a comfortable luxury car for road trips in the NorthEast US. There's no question that it is the best vehicle for that duty in this price range and class.
Appreciate 0