View Single Post
      08-18-2011, 02:23 PM   #31
acorradi87
Private
Rep
Drives: e39

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarei View Post
"While sales of the 5 Series GT haven't been particularly robust, the model has managed to outsell the previous 5 Series Touring since its arrival last year"
so let me get this straight, they replaced the touring with the GT, and the GT outsells the touring, inspite of the looks.
then they decide to stop the GT and bring back the touring??
what am i missing??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matski View Post
Yup, I think a U-turn on this might not be the best idea. The E61 was a worse seller than the GT, and they may risk further reducing the already small numbers of both by introducing the F11 to the US?... I guess it would be good for the consumer though.

Just glad I live in Europe!
I addressed the alleged sales numbers in my earlier post (#15) but I'll repost it below. I'm 95% sure this is what they mean which, if true, means they're trying to kid themselves into making the 5GT sound like it's not as awful as it really is:

Quote:
Originally Posted by acorradi87 View Post
What they don't say (I'm pretty sure this is true) is that, yes, the 5GT 'outsold' the e61 it replaced, but I think they're comparing the last year sales of the e61 to the first year sales of the 5GT. That's very misleading because it's expected that sales for a model that's reaching the end of its lifespan are going to be lackluster.
Appreciate 0