05-25-2015, 12:31 AM   #37
GSR Technik
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F13 M6 | E92 M3 | '15 Mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp411 View Post
Can you do a side by side comparison with the jb4 tune and this tune? I would love to see a side by side to compare the difference. Also interested in why this tune is different from the others.

Thanks
The difference is our staff, expertise and R&D effort. Matt Bekam leads all our tuning efforts which are done in-house personally by him. A large number of tuners out there simply buy files or even steal files* out of ECUs and pass them off as there own with little knowledge of what the binary changes in the code are actually doing. For example, on the N55, other tunes we have seen adjust about 30 variables - ours has over 130 variable changes. You would expect that all N55/cars are created equal but even with our base tune we had to go through three or four iterations to get everything out of the 535i as I'm sure bmw doubles will attest to - ECU out, tune and in, out, tune and in.

Because we are tuning within the ECU we can do things that the JB4 just can't do as well which creates a much more efficient/effective core tune compared to the JB4 - especially since we can leverage all the safeguards that are already built into the ECU code and don't fall victim to the adaptation logic. The JB4 can do things we can't do like fuel scaling for ethanol blends and controlling meth injection. Actually combining the two is the best of both worlds which is why we continue to do more testing with the JB4 that can be stacked on top of our core tunes.

*It's just a matter of time before other lesser tuners get a hold of one of the cars that we have tuned, extract the tune and sell it as their own. We have started digitally tagging our latest tunes so when we run across one of our tunes being sold by someone else we can identify where it came from and take the appropriate action to protect our R&D efforts.

Nick...
Appreciate 4