View Single Post
      02-13-2009, 01:20 AM   #26
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Ok, now that more pics are up I'd like to mention a few things:

1) I LOVE the new steering wheel. I really hope the two-tone leather (/alcantara?) makes it into production.

2) I like the interior but I'm not crazy about the insets of the seats, and I wish the seats themselves were more shapely, a la Audi.

3) The greenhouse is too big, specifically around the C-pillar. I'm sure this reduces blind spots significantly, but it really takes away from the sporty look of a fastback design. Also, this car would look infinitely better if the greenhouse was lower, making for a sportier roofline, and yes, less practicality.

4) The front bumper doesn't look as good as I was expecting in the new pics, almost Hyundai Genesis-esque, but it still looks good. I really hope it's the lens of the camera that creates the blobby effect I'm seeing.

5) The grille and headlights are perfect imo.

6) The hood also looks great, with very powerful looking lines and sculpting.

7) The tail is GOD awful, judging from the pics. The taillights I can work with. It's the lip of the butt and the garish chrome bar that piss me off. It's gaudy and clumsy looking.

8) Continuing my rant about the rear: The lower portion of the tailgate throws off the proportions. The protruding part of the bumper, along with the lower end of the tailgate, should be placed much higher. It creates a sagging look which I'm not crazy about. I need to see it in person.

9) I'm inconclusive in regards to the sculpting above the lower swage line.
Appreciate 0