arnsbrae
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 520d

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
i'd have to agree
I'm not technical as regards wheels, tires, suspensions etc but that sounds right to me.
My car has just been put through a KDS check. Rear right toe in was out by a third of a degree , everything else withing tolerances but despite this, it still feels like it want to drift left.
I know camber affects it and I'm assuming the combination of wide tires that are run flat and EPS amplifies the situation.
Whilst it was being checked, I had a X1 loan car for the day. I know a completely different beast, but this track straight.
Runflat tires on this but good old hydraulic steering on this model.

Drift is really only noticed at faster speeds.
This is all a bit of a worry. With my E60 you can lift both hands off the wheel and it just keeps going in the direction you left it. I do remember that when I first got the car, it always pulled to the left. However, at the first service they corrected that and it hasn't given a kick in almost 5 years. I have no idea what they did.