View Single Post
      05-12-2015, 11:13 AM   #95
Zer0Cool92
Captain
Rep
Drives: blue metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdrf10 View Post
So, after the seven week wait for parts, here's what got replaced over the weekend:
  • both hot-film air mass meters
  • multiple gaskets, connecting lines, vent pipes, hose clamps, 'O' rings, and a fuel feed line
  • vacuum pump (a newer version of the one previously replaced under warranty back in 2013)

Regarding my fuel injectors, I was originally concerned they weren't replaced (again) under this Campaign, but thanks to a PM to resident expert E90Fleet, he confirmed that the injectors I had replaced under warranty back in 2013 were the latest versions offered (apparently there's a new part number to denote Campaign-specific injectors).

Loaner provided: 2015 320i

BMW swag? None...

Initial driving impressions: smooth, but despite all these upgrades, the motor still exhibits an occasional ever-so-slight shudder felt while idling (not enough to register on the tach needle). Not a big deal to me, though, as the N63 has done this from day one, and from what I've read and been told, is just a nuance to the motor's design.

Got my Dinan engine and suspension software re-loaded yesterday without issue, and the beast is back!

Do you have the new part number to denote Campaign-specific injectors? I want to check and make sure they have been replaced. Bmw dealer returned my car the next day and said they replaced all components but I'm skeptical.
Appreciate 0