View Single Post
      02-25-2012, 04:33 PM   #41
miotoo
Rep
Drives: F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalithS View Post
Hi,
How does this retrofit work? Is it just a software update? I'm quite interested to find out how this retrofit would work. Anyone know costs?
I'm also very interested in retrofitting this. It's now clear that BMW does not want to enable the speed info from the nav data only, but to couple it with the image recognition that makes it more 'real life'.

I found the part called 'Retrofit Speed Limit Info' for F10. It is 65502184753. I doubt there is any hardware in this 'part'. It's probably the software activation. The restriction is the prerequisite for this 'part', option 5AD, which is Lane Departure Warning System.

The 5AD option, requires a few parts, one of them being the camera inside the rear view mirror housing. This camera is part 66519199305, called 'KaFAS Camera'.

So now the questions I have and hope that some of the more advanced members like dvdinmotion or others would have input for:

1. Would it be possible to only activate the NAV speed data to be displayed in the console without having the other hardware installed?
2. Would it be possible to install the said KaFAS camera and activate the Speed Limit Info completely without the extra's needed for full Lane Depart system (rear bottom sensors etc.) ?

If someone reading has an idea or suggestion who can know if this is feasible, please chime in.
Appreciate 0