View Single Post
      05-28-2015, 01:22 PM   #10
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdrf10 View Post
Interesting...

My car's out of warranty, and I've been monitoring the threads that are starting to pop up related to concerns about high pressure fuel pumps and the N63 CCP. I emailed my service advisor last week and asked about a pending "recall" for the hpfp, and was told there are no open campaigns associated with my VIN (production date: Nov. 2010).

And yet, 493263's work order identifies the problem being corrected "under recall." Unlike the sweeping coverage of the CCP, maybe this developing concern is specific to a smaller segment of vehicles and/or build dates?

If anyone has access to the specific SIB related to the issues with our fuel pumps, and can post it for reference, that would be awesome and extremely beneficial to our forum members.
I know this is confusing but it's not an official recall. However, it is a service bulletin. If you got a good service dept at the local dealer, they'll be proactive about it and honor the "recall". The tech at BMW of Fairfax always call it a recall.

What BMW does is trying to avoid a forced recall by the NHTSA. They pushed out the N63 CCP campaign to get our vehicles fixed so there are less complaints. They are literally doing a workaround to avoid bad image and tank their reliability ratings.

BTW, somebody already posted the official SIB number and all stated work under it in that long thread.

Sorry, I'm a business major so I always see the BS that's happening instead of believing in PR spins.
Appreciate 0